Countersink selection

I'd like to replace a burned up countersink. What angle is most useful for general work? 6-flute cobalt sound good?

Single hole, baby! 62 deg?

snipped-for-privacy@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat says...

82 degrees for UN flat heads, 90 degrees for metric. I prefer the Ford type single flute c'sinks for general use.
http://www.maford.com/taf/catalog.taf?category 1
Ned Simmons
What Ned said. 60 degrees is best for running centers.
Bob Swinney
says...

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:31:43 -0600, the renowned "Robert Swinney"

Thanks, gentlemen. I ended up getting the hi-alloy HSS M.A. Ford single flute type in each of the 3 angles. Works nicely.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
    --The only thing I don't like about single flute countersinks is that they are *very* hard to sharpen. Someone sells a jig to sharpen them but it costs more than a lifetime supply of countersinks..
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Living on the fringes of
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : most good bell curves...