Curly wire on a 110V AC gear motor

I have a small 100VAC gear motor in a piece of 30 year old British polishing equipment. The manufacturer is Parvalox. The inputs to the motor are 2 white wires and a blue-grey curly wire. Presently, 1 of the white wires is disconnected and it was working in that condition. Question: What is the significance of the curly wire?

Thanks -Ira

Reply to
Ira Rubinson

It causes the entering electrons to begin the swirling motion for proper polishing. Be careful when you reconnect the curly wire or you may cause the polish to swirl in the opposite direction.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

C'mon, that's just silly.

It counteracts the natural rotati> It causes the entering electrons to begin the swirling motion for proper

Reply to
Mike Berger

Oooppps ! Sorry, I forgot about the hemispherical connotations. Note to Iggy: "See, Iggy, there's nothing to this here electrical stuff. All you have to do is treat it like water flow and everything comes out right."

Reply to
Robert Swinney

And you can buy a California version, where that wire is straight. We want our electrons to be really laid back, duude.

And in 'Frisco..they sell a version that has lots of wires..all the same polarity, but most of them are pretty curly and kinky.

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Hi Bob... Still trying to make me upset?

Ignoramus10518

Naw, Ig -- just checking to see if you really plonked me as you said you did.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

So, you need my attention, right?

Ignoramus10518

Errrr , I'll have to try that tonight.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Get a room you two.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

May Allah forbid !

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Ignoring all of the bollocks...

I've got a Parvalux motor with my kit of bits for building a Quorn grinder and it has two white plus one blue-grey wire (not curly). I didn't manage to find the connection diagram last night and had to go to hospital today. Hopefully, I'll feel a bit less fragile tomorrow and will be able to find the diagram.

two minutes later:-

Hah! No need. Looky here:-

Regards

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Mark,

Here's hoping your stay in hosp. was a brief one and not to be repeated in the forseeable future.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

The quack at the hospital, after six attempts to find an artery to stick the catheter thing into, did his thing with the X-rays and the dye and pronounced that there was nothing wrong with my heart. Buggered if I know how I get the angina then! Maybe I need to walk to work more often and dig the garden more than once a year.

Just got to avoid heavy lifting for another day or two. This is a nuisance, since I've got an 8"x24" mag chuck that I need to lift off of the grinder.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand