Cute small hobbyist mill (K&T #4) $1900

14,000 lbs (not a typo) and buyer is responsible for getting it out of the basement.

$1900 is a reasonable price?

Reply to
Ignoramus28169

I paid $350 for mine. That included delivery. Its probobaly 1940'S vintage.

Wanna bet he has to pay to get that mill hauled out of his basement.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Its a very reasonable price, if nothing more than scrap value.

It looks like a nice mill, if one has the room and power to run it.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch wrote: ...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly. And moving the 14000 lbs of it. Which takes away 99% of HSM'ers. Given there's no commercial/industrial market, that leaves him with little to no market for it. As Tom said, he'll probably end up paying to have it hauled away.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

never seen a scrap dealer bid that kind of money

Reply to
ATP

Scrap value as brought into a scrap yard, is $1400.

Ignoramus24760

In your area.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The convent that Habitat is converting in Lawrence MA had a huge amount of cast iron radiators, as well as a huge cast iron boiler. The scrap dealer is giving them 30-some cents a pound. For cast iron, steel is WAY less.

If that's the case in Milwaukee, then breaking down this mill to separate the cast iron could be profitable. Say 90% of it is ci, then

90% x 14000 x .33(say) = $4158.

Thinking that that cast iron price is not normal, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt