Cutting 1-1/4" AL angle into 1-1/4" lengths burr-free?

What is the best way to cut 500 pieces as close to burr-free as possible or the easiest way to remove the burr? I can't visualize a punch and die to do the job but I wonder if there is a way. I cut them now on a band saw and use a fine belt sander. It's very time consuming and the parts get hot.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

cold saw

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Drop saw with a carbide blade

Reply to
F Murtz

Commercial aluminium window framers use drops saws here in Oz. No burrs, clean, quick cuts.

Reply to
Dennis

I cut aluminum on a table saw with a carbide blade. When the blade is fresh the burr is minimal, but as it wears I find I have to clean it with a belt sander also.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I would consider abrasive water jet cutting for that. I'm not sure how well laser cutting works for aluminum, but water jet should be fine.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

DoN, I had a well cover laser cut from 6mm aluminium chequer plate. Pretty much zero "kerf" or "burr". The finish was almost like it had been done with a bandsaw & then been "flame smoothed".

Reply to
Dennis

Cold saw.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

We use drop saws in our factory. It makes a nice clean cut.

Reply to
Giss