da bus

Hmm. 35 year old schoolbus - somewhere between -$5 and -$5000, I'd say. Or, "I agree with your wife". If you don't have a customer all lined up who's got a yen to revist the 1960s, it could be a real dog to unload, especially if it has extensive "deferred maintenance" issues (typical).

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Big planter box?

Reply to
Grant Erwin

sell it to someone who wants to take it to Guatemala. Really. All sorts of old american school buses used over there for private mass transit companies. And the lights don't even have to work. As long as it is diesel and it starts and runs it will be used. No matter how much black smoke issues from the thing. Even if it totally obscures the bus when you are behind it. And I mean TOTALLY. Saw lots of buses that ran like crap. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Anyone having an idea of how much a '69 Bluebird front-motor over-road bus is worth, or where I might find that info, please contact me on the NG.

You may recall I have a chance to pick one up, but the OL isn't happy with the idea of haviung it hang around. So, would like to turn it over promptly.

Reply to
Hoyt McKagen

I was at an industrial and vehicle auction a week or two back and the very first lot was a 20 pax bus. 1989, rust free, running cleanly with good tires. $500 dollars Canadian, and the auctioneer had to work to get that.

From what I have gathered, busses generally go for next to nothing at these sales. Generally, they are bought by guys wrecking them and selling the parts.

So, judging by the ones I have seen sell, and the ones I see used as storage sheds, I'd say that any bus ain't worth much. Your local market may be much different.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

About 35 years ago, I was looking to purchase my first house; I looked at one where one of the features was a city bus carcass in the back yard - no motor, wheels, glass etc. - said to have the potential as a great place for two pre-school boys to play. A year latter, a nephew did purchase the property with the stipulation that the bus be gone and the site decontaminated prior to closing. Apparently this was a wise thought as the soil under the bus had to be replaced to a depth of about five feet or more - the bus had been dismantled where it sat, with all fluids drained on the ground. The seller made little profit on that house. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Here are to groups about bus conversion:

There are some others that are related to specific bus types but they might be able to help, do a search in yahoo groups for < RTS > < MCI > you find some help in one of those.

Reply to
thehatter

Ah cut it out Grant, I got snot on the keyboard again.

Reply to
Hoyt McKagen