Dammit !

I helped a neighbor today , replacing the upper ball joint and a-frame bushings on his '05 Chevy truck . Too bad I didn't realize that spacer sleeve was too short ... and I bent the threaded part of the tapered shaft of the new ball joint right at the cotter key hole . I wondered why it was being so obstinate , didn't want to go in straight and took a lot more force than I thought it should . I don't think this model of HF press was meant to have a 20 ton jack ... Tim Taylor got nothin' on me ! Har-har-har , More Power !

Reply to
Snag

I bet you wanted to use a lot stronger language than that.

Frack! FRACK! FRACK!!! Mother fracking fracking frack!!!

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yup , not only did I think it , I expressed it loudly and repeatedly . This guy lives down the road (we share a property line) and he's the best neighbor I've ever had . We trade metal stock , help each other when we can , and he always has a cold beer in the cooler . What we did this morning probably saved him a couple hundred bucks in shop time , and what the hell , I'm retired and have the tools and time ...

Reply to
Snag