Day 81 update

This will only make sense to regular readers and old friends who were with me back in March.

I still have a long ways to go, but I'm making progress. My smiler is workin' again, there is joy in my life.

Don Foreman

Great to hear you are doing ok Don. When I saw the picture of the well house valve fix I thougth there may be a pic of you there too but there wasn't. After years of seeing your posts on here I wonder a litte what you look like. Sounds like you have some realy good friends.

Reply to
Dennis

PS - I use similar PVC pipe fittings for storing and transporting my fishing rods. I find the threads can bind up REAL tight. I'm not sure what the solution is, but beware you might find the cap hard to remove next time you need to.

Reply to
Dennis

Glad you're improving. Gunner. I thought oil was supposed to cause the PVC to deteriorate. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Use aqua-lube then. Never looked for it at a retailer, but they must have it. The greenish-blue stuff is best, but they make clear stuff for swimming pools.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

I put a little white silicon grease on mine, all it did was attract every bit of grit in a 100m radius!

Just had a thought, maybe silicon spray would do the job.

Reply to
Dennis

What'dja grease it with, Don?

Who knows? Maybe Herr Gott enjoyed the dialog, too.

RE: your sail, I bought a set of these when they were on sale for $8.

_very_ handy. I keep a 100' hank of paracord in the truck, too, and found some 3mm paracord for my BugOutBag.

It sounds like you have a nice little 2,000sf cabin by a lake.

Isn't it time to dig the dirt away from the base of the wellhouse and paint that trim, sir? Good fix, even though you eliminated a job for a flexible, young acrobat.

Keep your Jiffy cornbread mix. It has a toxic ingredient in it. Sugar. I make mine straight up, no tox.

Poly tubs are great, I concur.

Sounds as if you had a grand old time reopening the cabin. Keep up the good work, suh.

-- Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can. -- Mark Twain

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I had the same problem. Used some powdered graphite spray. Made a big difference. Being dry it doesn't attract crud.

Reply to
Steve W.

It's good to hear from you Don. I was getting ready to send a 'ping Don' message to find out how it's going. Sounds to me like you are surrounded by some loving friends.

Don > inventing extemporaneously at Farm 'n Fleet

You do that too? :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Thanks for sharing, Don. Glad to see you're moving through the grief process.

BTW, I'm a professional "turn the valve with an extension" designer. Got six locations to drain. My best design is a small round plate, the O.D. of the valve handle. Then six drill and tap holes to match the six triangle openings in the valve (a small valve may have four). Then put a headless bolt in each drill and tap. Mine are "real long" so I weld a square tubing to make it to ground level and then had a square rod that will fit inside to turn it. A shaft the right length with a handle would serve you well.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

More like 800 sf. Cozy!

The stuff I gave away had a lot more sugar. That's why I gave it away.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Nice.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! I buy Albers corn meal and use their recipe, sans any sugar. It's much better that way. Cornbread is a bread, not a cake, IMHO.

Corn meal sure got expensive a few years ago. It's $2.69 for a tiny box now. SCREW ETHANOL!

-- Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can. -- Mark Twain

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Glad to hear that.

Best of luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Thanks Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Farkin' Live Mail.

Cool. It's about time they updated the loading process apps.

-- Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects. --anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Farkin' Live Mail.

YES, I hate Live Mail but this new laptop rund Windows 7 and I don't like the alternatives either. I like OE dammit! Why didn't MS continue it or at least allow it to work on 7?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Did you notice that Live Mail removes any cross-posted posts after you read them in the first group seen.

----------

YES, I hate Live Mail but this new laptop rund Windows 7 and I don't like the alternatives either. I like OE dammit! Why didn't MS continue it or at least allow it to work on 7?

Reply to
Josepi

I like Thunderbird fine. Also have the Lightning calendar add-in. Screw MS. If not for a couple drawing programs, I'd be running Ubuntu.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Did you notice that Live Mail removes any cross-posted posts after you read them in the first group seen.

*************************************** I haven't figured out shit about the Live Mail news reader. I feel like I'm seeing things in a random order.
Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'm 100% with you on that, Tawm. Thunderbird was a downgrade for me.

-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer

Reply to
Larry Jaques