Day 81 update

I hated it at first also but I am really getting to like it. It definitely has challenges but there are so many new features that surpass most of these attempts at readers.

Notice how the foreign reader users will all bitch and whine about format of post now? It's a riot watching these Agent and Mozerella users try to decode a post that isn't formatted perfectly. Then the fights break out 'cause they all confused and want to cry about it...LOL

-------------

------------

Reply to
Josepi

How do you define "foreign" in this application? And what are you considering "native"?

Note that Usenet came into existence long before the PC (let alone Windows) was on the market, and most newsreading was done in unix systems, or DEC's VMS or various other systems -- and usually read on plain ASCII terminals -- not via a GUI interface, and especially not with a web browser.

So based on this, I would consider whatever *you* are using (apparently some new Windows program) to be more foreign.

For that matter -- define "formatted perfectly"? Standard nettequette guidelines call for lines no longer than the standard terminal width (80 characters max, and usually 72 characters for original text so there is room for a few layers of quoting before) among many other things -- including the interleaved text with lots of trimming form of posting often mis-called "bottom posting".

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Right on cue!

That's one

-------------

[...]

Plonk!

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Classic!!! (my way or the highway)

I forgot to mention that Agent users were usually temperamental also.

Next time please adhere to the posting format that you are responding to. Very rude of you.

Plonk!

------------ > Right on cue!

Reply to
Josepi