Rocket Rover Update ??

A while back the big news was the Rocket Rover Lander Challege ... I believe entries were to be closed on June 30 and Judging in July .... I haven't heard any updates? is this happening or not ? how many entries and is there a webpage with their progress like descon or something ... or didn't this make a go

The lander website is at:

There is no status info at that address, but there is a link for asking questions. (It takes you to the Booster Works site.)

Reply to
Gary

working on ours. we would have been further along, but was waiting for a camera so we could get some "work in progress" video shots

Reply to
tater schuld

Link?

Reply to
Mark

top secret (heh)

we got the video, but it is still in post production. note we only got some of the work in progress, no in-flight stuff or launches yet.

although we have more than the needed parts, so we might be doing more than the current requirements.

note: some RC vehicles can have the battery get weak enough to have the throttle stick, but enough juice to keep the motor running. we found this out after some tests and had to chase down a runnaway rover unit. current;ly working on getting a separate power source for the throttle control.

(imagine three grown men chasing after an RC car)

Reply to
tater schuld

Hi OarProducts.

the Rocket Rover Lander Challege seems to be going quite well.

We have had over 37 inital sign up requests and have received back more then

12 project plans. All of them, both high and low budget look impressive.

We have an impressive amount of prizes supplied by the supporting vendors. go to the

and click prizes, current prize list,

or a direct link is here:

we have a yahoo group for those who signed up at:
due to the competitive nature of the contest, not too many at this time have been open about their projects till they submit the qualifing entry. I don't blame them either, as some teams are even competing amoungs themselves in their local area.

The judging will take place at the end of LDRS and the entries are to have arrived at LCHQ by June 30th (to take to LDRS and presented to the judges) or they can be flown at LDRS and given to LCHQ their.

BoosterWorks will be representing LCHQ at LDRS.

Art Upton

ArtU