Electronics, A Variety Of Questions (altimeters and trackers) With One Pro38 Question

On altimeters.

Does anyone know of a downloadable manual for the Transolve P6? I'd like to see if it has a test sequence like the missileworks altimeters do.

Trackers.

Anyone have any info on Walstons? There doesn't appear to be much online about them. How about other trackers? What has been your experience on reliability and range?

Pro38 5 Grain

Anyone used the Pro38 5 grain case on a PML KwikSwitch? Does it fit and what retention did you use?

Reply to
Jason

David Schultz

I've had good results with Walston but their antenna connection is weak and easy to break plus the battery pack is not user replaceable.

Rocket Hunter beacons and receivers are the best on the market these days. I've had nothing but good results using them and they're very rugged and small.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Hi Jason...

I have the moda-2338 transmitters, and the Trx-3s receiver, both of which allow user battery replacement. I have used these units for years with great success, and would recomend them. The only failure I've had was due to a motor cato, and even though the transmitter was a pulverizwed mass, Jim serviced it at a quickly, at a reasonable cost.

Eric Pearson

Reply to
Eric Pearson

I should have mentioned that the tiny moda-2338 transmitters, and the trx-3s recevier are Walston products.

Eric Pearson a satisfied customer

Reply to
Eric Pearson

Does anyone know of a downloadable manual for the Transolve P6? I'd like to see if it has a test sequence like the missileworks altimeters do.

Trackers.

Anyone have any info on Walstons? There doesn't appear to be much online about them. How about other trackers? What has been your experience on reliability and range?

Pro38 5 Grain

Anyone used the Pro38 5 grain case on a PML KwikSwitch? Does it fit and what retention did you use?

Extended KwikSwitch or standard? The KwickSwitch system is limited in the length it can handle. The standard tube will handle up to 13.5" while the extended version will handle a motor up to 17.75" long. The 5 grain Pro 38 motor tube is 13.8 long. Don't think it would work with the Standard unit.

Reply to
William Richardson

There are a few options out there now. We (Atha Aerospace) have been developing a system that interfaces with the FC-877 flight computer but the GPS portion does not require the FC to operate and find your rocket. The bonus with the FC-877 is you can get real altimeter data back for immediate accurate altitude feedback. It works very well.

We are in limited distribution at the moment with the locals trying the system and software out and giving us some feedback. We are using the same designer and developer of the FC-877 for the AGTS system, Wayne Hortensius.

You will need some ground support to receive and then walk to the landing site. There is software for the palm for cheap data interpretation, along with pc software.

Check out

for the product. If you need more info contact us. There is also lots of links and info on gps in general at

We have fit the Atha AGTS unit into a 2.1" airframe (some magic maneuvering is required) But a better option may be to use a beacon transmitter and a sensitive receiver (still expensive but smaller). Try

for the TX units and
for the receivers. You will have to point and find with this system and it does have a limited ground range.

David Buhler

Reply to
David Buhler