Dennis the cable guy

Sadly, wasn't Lary this time. Though, he must be a hoot in real life, whoever it is that plays Larry the cable guy.

I had some trouble with my cable recentl. I called for a tech to come out, and Dennis was the one who arried. Tall guy in his twenties, seems to know hs stuff. As he looked to find the power plug, he pulled a three D-cell Mag out of his back pocket, with a practiced motion.

I noticed it was a LED bulb mag. Asked about that, and he told me a little about it. Formerly was a filament bub mag, and he bought the LED bulb only, and put that in. He said it's a lot better on batteries. I asked about that, and this is what he told me.

One time he was in a crawl space, and forgot and left it in the crawl space. Turned on. It was the wekend, and he was able to get back to recover his light, three days later. The light was still on, having run for three days all the time. he says he was able to use it for about a week after that, on the same batteries, before having to replace the batteries.

I'm totally amazed. He sounded like he was telling the truth. Wow! That's a long time on one set of batteries.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have a 5 LED mini from a dollar store on my key ring. It can me with 4 LR44 button cells but due to a manufacturing error, only has space for 3 of them but still works well enough that I haven't bothered to fix it. I have carried this for over a year and never replaced the batteries. I don't use it for extended periods but find it handy quite often. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller