Did I pay too much for a steel handrail

hey, if you like the job then you paid just the amount

Reply to
Colin French

John,

You didn't say what part of country the work was done. You mentioned you received and gave the go-ahead on an estimate for the type of work your job site required. Perhaps it was the amount of time used to do the job that surprised you. You have to ask yourself if the job was done to a professional standard and will hold up under normal usage? If so, then you should be happy, the company did its job in a professional, quick and timely manner for the price agree by you. Still I would say it was fair amount for a job well done.

Rusty Bates

(SNIP)

Reply to
Rusty Bates

Sounds about right, I charge $35 a foot uninstalled.

Les

Reply to
PIW

It is clear you don't know anything about me.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Thanks for the reply. Very interesting idea.

When we add the deck we planned on, I will have just that problem and I like the idea.

I would think so!

Nicopress swagers I have. I don't know what a Felco cable cutter looks like but my big crimpers have a cutter that handles 1/4" easily without ravelling the strands.

I'll have to work out the tensions needed as a function of spacing but I sure like the concept!

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards