DIY Welder from Alternator & Motor

My son forwarded me this. The fellow made a DC welder from an
alternator & a motor. It would seem that where there's a will there's
a way.

What do people think? It's not mine, I'm just passing along the link.
--George
Reply to
George
That's very odd. What is that thing he made? It looks like the exhaust manifold for an old tractor.
Reply to
Rich McCarty
I think it's a lightweight tubular exhaust manifold for a car that either the tubular "headers" aren't available for or too expensive.
Reply to
George
It's a log manifold to mount a (two) turbo(s) on a small block ford.
Reply to
steve walker