dry out oil

Get yourself some cheap 110 volt hot plates and metal five gallon pails. I found you can do two gallons in an hour. Or three gallons in in three hours, four gallons never, too much for the tiny plate.

The water took the seals out of my hydraulic lift arm cylinder. Bet seal replacment on an elevator would cost a fortune.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Heat :-) But seriously, when you are processing crude that has emulsified water in it you install a "heater-Treater" to remove it by heating the emulsified oil-water mix.

Reply to
john B.

One could put it in their 400 gallon vacuum pot and...

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Do you mean ISO 24 (22) & ISO 46 or is AWS a brand ?

20 litres is just over 5 mini gallons, which costs about $120 here in Oz, so yours are cheap. I do not count the cheap brands/no name stuff as many of them do not meet standards - they skimp on additive. My employer used to manufacture for one of them and their formulae would NEVER meet even their minimum standard of the range. I always had to add more additive just to meet their minimum standard. My employer has a +/- tolerance of 5% from nominal, some other major brands are +/- 10% and many "el cheapos" are +/- 20% if you are lucky. My blending usually hit "spot on" centre of range, as the formula was designed to do. We once went 11 months without any errors, about 900 batches. An oil 9% below nominal will be on specification for a company with +/- 10% tolerance but would be way off for my employer at 4% below minimum.

Alan

Reply to
alan200

Some sort of centrifuge, basically like a cream separator.

Alan

Reply to
alan200

The AW is what I should have listed. The products are made by Coast Oil company and I have been using them for many years. Here is their website with the product specs.

The product is sold in many auto stores but I buy it directly from my oil supplier. They all just about double the price of what I am paying for it.

John

Reply to
john

There's some chatter on the net about using A.C. to cause the water molecules to clump together and drop to the bottom of the sump; de-emulsifying much more quickly than it does naturally. I think some smart young engineer could make a ton of money by supplying a continuous water trap for these applications.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

On an industrial system with a big problem you might use a vacuum filter unit as supplied by Pall: removes the moisture by evaporation.

Reply to
Newshound

(...)

Cool!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

It has been in use for years.

an example. Essential it is another type of coalescer.

Reply to
john B.