dumb ass welding

After I thought I'd seen everything, now this:

dan

Don't be talking about those "po-boy" jack stands! ;-)

Reply to
Al Patrick

At least he has two stands :-).

A friend sent me this. The forklift picture (part way down) is a classic:

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Everyone needs to see those.

Did you notice how light the front end was on the bottom forklift? Assuming the camera was held squarely, as it seemed to be, the front end appeared to be a good bit higher!

I once worked for a fellow who could have readily participated in either of the two extension ladder setups. Don't know if he'd go for the aluminum ladder in water or not....but probably would as long as it was someone else on it. He once wanted to get on top of a building....or wanted one of his co-workers to get on the building. No ladder was long enough. He suggested setting the step ladder on top of a van and then putting an extension ladder on top of the step ladder. I suspect he was serious! :-(

Reply to
Al Patrick

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 00:27:34 +0000, the infamous Christopher Tidy scrawled the following:

Two stands to arc weld his gas tank. Safety First! ;)

-- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. -- Thomas A. Edison

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Two supports, I wonder what the compressive loads are on those two timbers? I personally don't want to crawl under that with him but more than half the weight of the truck is on the two wheels in contact with the road. Just guessing but the remaining weight is around

1000# or 500# per timber. When my steel roof sheds snow, I bet my deck's loading is higher per support post.

I bet a miner acustomed to timber supports would look on that as fairly safe.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

There was a video on YouTube a few months ago of guys demolishing a tower block in Beijing. They had a digger on top and were pushing bits of concrete over the side. Every so often a bit of concrete would remain attached to the steel reinforcement and stay hanging in the air. At that point a guy would go over the edge of the building standing on the side of the digger's hydraulic breaker. When he got down to the reinforcement, the other guys passed down an oxy-acetylene torch, which he lit and cut through the reinforcement. Then they brought him back up again. There were dozens of ways in which it could have turned nasty.

That was just before the Olympics. The video has now disappeared from YouTube, apparently "due to a copyright claim by a third party". Despite the fact that the guy who posted the video said he filmed it from his apartment window. Crazy Chinese secret police at work, I guess.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

personally

weight is around

I think that they could easily survive the compressive load, but they are very likely to slip.

Reply to
Ignoramus4582

Particularly if the guy sets his pants on fire & backs up suddenly into the one behind him.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

what is he not wearing a helmet? I cant see LOL

Reply to
Dwayne