Earnie - can you tell me about saw blade again?

Earnie,
A while ago you wrote about using a screw saw with a Cold Saw blade. Said it worked great. I can't find that in the archives and I want to order one of the
blades. Can I get you to tell about that again? I'd really appreciate it. What brand blade? Where'd you get it?
Thanks again, -jim
Thanks mucho, Ernie! (though you sound emphatic to me) I'll start the buying search.
-jim

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 04:28:40 GMT, Ernie Leimkuhler

Ernie and all,
Any chance these type of blades would cut 1/2 thick sheet steel?
I'm building an odd Box (26*26*11) out of 1/2 sheet steel, Its mostly welded together, but 2 of the 4 side walls I inadvertantly "Cut on the wrong side of the line" with the cuttin torch, and there a little tall.
Hand Grinding doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but running a skill saw down the two sides sounds simple enough!
Take Care, James Lerch http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Yes the blades will cut 1/2" plate. I have done it, but only with a worm drive saw. Just don't get in a hurry, and don't cut too close to the edge that you flame cut. Flame cutting creates an extremely hard edge, that is very unkind to cutting tools and shears.