Earnie - can you tell me about saw blade again?

Earnie,

A while ago you wrote about using a screw saw with a Cold Saw blade. Said it worked great. I can't find that in the archives and I want to order one of the blades. Can I get you to tell about that again? I'd really appreciate it. What brand blade? Where'd you get it?

Thanks again,

-jim

Reply to
jim

Thanks mucho, Ernie! (though you sound emphatic to me) I'll start the buying search.

-jim

Reply to
jim

Ernie and all,

Any chance these type of blades would cut 1/2 thick sheet steel?

I'm building an odd Box (26*26*11) out of 1/2 sheet steel, Its mostly welded together, but 2 of the 4 side walls I inadvertantly "Cut on the wrong side of the line" with the cuttin torch, and there a little tall.

Hand Grinding doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but running a skill saw down the two sides sounds simple enough!

Take Care, James Lerch

(My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Reply to
James Lerch

Yes the blades will cut 1/2" plate. I have done it, but only with a worm drive saw. Just don't get in a hurry, and don't cut too close to the edge that you flame cut. Flame cutting creates an extremely hard edge, that is very unkind to cutting tools and shears.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler