threading small brass rod

I have spent an amazing amount of time searching for the answer to this
simple question.
If I want to thread the end of a 1/16 inch brass rod, what would be the best
size die to use?
If I want to thread the end of a 3/64 inch brass rod, what would be the best
size die to use?
It would appear that 0-80 would be best for the 1/16 rod, and 00-90 for the
3/64 rod. How does that sound? Your help is appreciated.
Will
Reply to
Will Self
snip----
You nailed it. Those are exactly the sizes that are appropriate.
Harold
Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos
I just measured one of each, the 00-96 was 0.045 major dia, the 0-80 was 0.068, so it sounds good.
Jim
jim rozen
Thanks Harold and Jim! Now all I have to do is do it :-)
Will
Reply to
Will Self
A handy rule: Nominal diameter of a numbered machine screw is D=0.060" + (0.013" x N) where N is screw size.
For 00 and 000, consider those as -1 and -2. So 0-80 .060" 00-90 .047 000-120 .034 so your choices should be just fine. :-)
Ted
Reply to
Ted Edwards