Eccentric Pipe Notcher Mechanism?

What is the mechanism used in an eccentric pipe notcher? This is a milling machine that uses a single size of mill to notch pipes of various diameters (rather than requiring a different mill for each diameter of pipe.)

I can think of several ways to do this, but I'm wondering what is actually used in a machine that someone else has already built. Seems like the easiest solution is a belt-driven mill mounted in a rotating plate with some way to adjust the center of the cutter out from the center of the plate. Then when the mill is spinning and the plate is rotated the cutter traces a circle larger than the mill's diameter. Is this done with gearing, belt, unpowered outer wheel, or what?

Here is an example of one such machine:

Mike

Reply to
michaeltcooper