ELECTROPLATE CHROMIUM

I'm a designer who is working a developing a new BBQ grill. The
grills metal components are plating w/ ELECTROPLATE CHROMIUM. My
question is can I plate in any color besides black? If yes, how much
color control do you have during manufacturing? Can you match an
exact PMS color?
Hope I am posting on the correct group.
Thanks
Reply to
Grill Chef
unless you can use powder coating.
Ed Angell
Reply to
Ed Angell
Forget powder coating, typical bake temps are in the 375 to 475 degree range. Any real grill will likely melt the coating.
Ed Angell wrote:
Reply to
RoyJ
Best bet is anodized aluminum but that'll turn black or gray/silver if overheated, and if overheated a little further will simply melt!
Tim

Tim Williams