EMCO V10 lathes for sale

More surplus machine shop equipment in the Texas Panhandle [50 miles north of Amarillo]. [More stuff to Come]

Our college has determined that the following equipment is surplus to our foreseeable needs. We want these out of the lab by June 1 so we don’t have to move to storage.

All sales are final. Payment by cash or certified/cashiers check only. All machines are sold as is / where is with no guarantee or warranty of fitness for use for anything. A signed release to that affect will be required at time of sale.

Both machines are in very good condition, although the paint is slight scuffed.

We have a 4,000 LB gantry hoist available to assist in loading. We can arrange for week-end or evening pick-up.

Either machine will easily fit into a pickup or open top trailer. Lathe only will fit into most any SUV or van but not station wagon. Lathe with vertical mill attachment will most likely not fit into a van or SUV without unbolting the milling attachment. This is easily done, but note the shim locations!

Austrian / European quality at less than PRC prices!!!!!!!!!!

(1) Emco V10 lathe at 500$US

(1) Emco V10 lathe with factory vertical machining attachment at

750$US

Both machines are currently configured for 220V 3-phase 60 cycle operation.

Machines are mounted on sheet steel stands with storage lockers at each end. These are the «deep sump» EMCO stands [without the center drawer] and can be used with coolant.

Machines and stands are factory finished in DIN standard machinery green.

Standard #2 MT tail stocks, #2 MT in the mill head w/ drawbar Uses D1-4 chuck mount. Both lathes come complete with a 3 jaw universal chuck with inside and outside jaws.

We have one draw bar 5C collet set-up for one lathe.

Lathes are later model V10s and do *NOT* have the QC gearbox but use change gears [standard set included] We understand these are standard gears and can be purchased from Boston Gear for special pitches, metric threads, etc. [however many metric and module threads can be cut with existing gear set.]

Almost all of the original tools and « bitsas » are included. Photocopy of the factory shop manual for the lathe only [no mill head manual] is included. Both lathes include square turret tool holder. Lathe only customer gets home-made adjustable height QC tool holder similar to one shown in a Lindsey reprint. [Later found to be very close to the KRF system advertised in HSM.]

Special arbor that uses small double angle collets comes with the vertical mill attachment, but the collet set goes with the Emco F1 cnc mill. Advantage is less overhang and less space under the head is required. End mill holder takes up at least an additional 3 inches.

I purchased several #2 MT end mill holders for my own use with these machines which are available at very good prices. [These have metric draw bar threads and use the factory drawbar and jack screws.] I will also include several special attachments I made to the buyer of the lathe and mill combination.

Downsides:

Machines are long out of production and parts/accessories can be hard to locate [translation: expensive]. Blueridge Machinery & Tool is now the official US supplier for parts for manual Emco machines. I have found Blueridge easy to deal with and their costs to be reasonable. [see:

for details]

Cross and compound [top] slide screws [not lead screw] are metric although the graduations on the knobs are in .002 inches on the diameter. Can be a problem when you go past «zero» or switch between mill and lathe operation. My solution was to use a dial indicator with magnetic base and ignore graduations.

Lathes use change gears rather than a QC box. This can be a problem if speed of setup is important, but change gears are much more flexible.

These are not production machines, but as long as you keep the loads down and take your time you can produce fine quality work.

============================================================== We have no connection with following URLs but they have good pictures, specifications, etc on both the straight EMCO v10 and the V10 with the vertical milling attachment.

page in German – use babblefish to translate NB: the V10 lathes we have do NOT have the QC box shown but use change gears [supplied] Also our machines are DIN green and not hammertone blue.

Reply to
gmcduffee

I am taking a course there at Frank Phillips College. (Borger, TX) I wish I had the money to buy all their equipment.

I travel from Amarillo to Texarkana, Amarillo to Odessa and Amarillo to Houston fairly often. If anybody is wanting to buy some equipment and needs it delivered along one of those routes, let me know. I can offer reasonable rates.

Or if you cant pick up by the colleges deadline. I can store it for you at my shop. I will be picking up some equipment that I did buy from the college, so a bit more wont hurt.

Reply to
Bill Bright