Enco gloat

Just got in my latest buy from Enc. Nice halogen swing arm lamp, marked down from $64 to $20. This along with the free shipping is an excellent buy.

Lot better quality than I expected and nice looking as well. Heck the halogen bulb costs almost as much as the lamp.

Not affiliated, just passing along a good deal.

Chris

Chris

Are those adjustable for light output (dimmable)? If so, great buy. If not, that'll be a very hot lamp + expensive to run.

========================================================== CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball! ==========================================================

Comprehensive Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry, On / off is all it has. As much as electricity is costing these days, I do not plan of leaving it on, and hope I do not forget to turn it off that much.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

It is, but how do you get free shipping???

Reply to
Sonam Dasara

I forgot actually. I think there is a post in here something like Enco free shipping.

It just a code. BTW there was no place for me to enter the code. I replied to email I received after I placed my order, and they honored it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Sonam,

Use the code 85UPRN. I think it is still valid, although I have no way to be sure. Might be for the month???

Chris

Reply to
Chris

I had the same problem, no place to enter the code, so I took care of it via followup email, and they honored it.

- - Rex Burkheimer Fort Worth TX

Chris wrote:

Reply to
Rex B

They even called me to confirm. Actually my email was down a bit, and the email they sent must of bounced, hence the call.

Good customer service for sure. Hard to come by in this outsourced world.

Recently heard :

I hope the guy who came up with the idea of outsourcing, has his job outsourced.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
BillP

If it is one of those plug in ones I see no reason. No real room to mount such on the thing.

Not sure if there are any implications of it being a halogen, i.e. does it need to heat up, etc...

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Above link says dimmers and halogens are ok.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Thank you!! Gawd, I love this newsgroup!! Bill

Reply to
BillP

Ah, the lack of a dimmer is probably why the price break is so high. Thanks. They're probably good in the shop for task lights.

========================================================== CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball! ==========================================================

Comprehensive Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Is it common for such a light to have a dimmer? This is my third type like this and no dimmers, and I see none listed as such in the Enco catalog. Even the nearly $300 ones, no dimmer.

Reply to
Chris

Note that link does say that halogen lamps need to be run at full power for one minute for every hour of less than full power.

Halogen lamps run at higher filament temperatures and the halogen compound deposits tunsten that has evaporated back on the filament. But this does not happen when run at less than full power.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Reply to
Chris

Dan, Are you saying that the site is wrong? Wish the site had a reasoning to it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Interesting. Perhaps it's the vendor who doesn't believe in them.

I haven't looked at halogens for a long while (too hot) but every halogen-bulbed lamp I've seen in anyone's house, whether it be pole lamp, desk lamp, torchiere, or student task lamp, has always had a dimmer on it. Every one.

No, I take that back. I've seen dimmerless halogen under-cabinet lamps. 10 and 20 watt jobs.

.-. Life is short. Eat dessert first! ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques