Latest fantasy novel just arrived...

The latest fantasy novel describing the wonderful things we'll be able to buy in the dim and distant future dropped through my letterbox this afternoon.

Oh no, sorry, my mistake. It's the new Bachmann catalogue! :o)))))

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Does it mention a certain Mr Pratchett anywhere? Development manager?

Hmm.

Rob.

Reply to
Robert Wilson

It doesn't even mention the sound-fitted "Kolhapur" as announced at the recent toyfair whereas the new edition of the club magazine is offering the latter as an exclusive albeit without a DCC chip of any kind. Somebody at Bachmann has got their wires crossed somewhere?

Also no sign of any progress in the manufacture of the Southern EMU, just another stock photo of the real thing. I very much doubt we'll see it this side of 2009.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

LOL - I'd have thought Southern fans if not already broke would be soon with the latest Hornby offerings.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

as I understand it the official drawings have gone walkabout, hence the delay. My advice to them would be to do their best and get it on sale as soon as possible, but others may disagree.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Well yes the rivet counters would be hopping mad if it was a few thou' out of scale.

Rob.

Reply to
Robert Wilson

Well I'm hopping mad that the thing has been delayed.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

My copy arrived in the post this morning, complete with price list. Having quickly glanced through it, I was interested in comparing the prices of their Scenecraft buildings to Hornby's Skaledale, guess what ... they're not listed in the price list!!

Colin

Reply to
50044 Exeter

"50044 Exeter" wrote

There's a separate price list for the Scenecraft range. We've been supplying that along with the Branchline price list with all 2008 Bachmann catalogues.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I eventually tracked down the price list for the scencraft buildings here:-

airsmoothed

Thanks, much appreciated.

Reply to
50044 Exeter