End caps for 2" square tube

I'm hoping to find a few plastic end caps that will fit INTO 2" square steel tubing that has a 1/16" wall.

So far, I have checked McMaster and Home Depot but not found what I need.

If someone would give me a link to a place that carries these, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Lewis.

*******************
Reply to
limeylew

If you don't find them, I have to go to the local supplier within a few days. How many do you need? I can mail them to you.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

McMaster p/n 9565K19 or 9565K8, both on page 3494.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

These are common products for plastics manufacturers. There is a place in WA state that is a big supplier of these. Can't remember the name just now. Believe they are from Bainbridge Island.

Also, any of the places that supply parts for gym equipment carries these.

If I have time later, I will try to scare up a link or two.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

http:/

has all kinds of palstic caps for structural type steel tube.

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder" ~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
Roy

Thanks, Ned, I used 'tubing caps' for my search criteria, so thats probably why I didn't find them.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

******************
Reply to
limeylew

Decorativeiron.com has an awesome inventory of items used in fabrication. If you ever get to Houston, it is a nice trip to just go to their store and wander around. You can get lots of ideas for free, and they always have some closeouts and blowouts daily.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Guys, save this one.....

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Sellers

I couldn't find the platic manufacturing place.

But this is the end caps page at one of the fitness repair places.

Lee Michaels

That fitness place has caps for 2" square tube, but irritatingly they don't say what wall thickness! Sheesh...

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

"Grant Erwin" wrote

Most gym eqipment has tubing walls of approximately .095 inches.

Try here, look at bottom of page.

Lee Michaels

===>

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder" ~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
Roy

Just called Curtis Steel here locally, but they are closed. I will call tomorrow, and find out how much 2" caps are.

Ever see how much Home Depot gets for those three feet pieces of metal they sell? About as much as 20 feet from a supplier.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

No Problem. McMaster's online search is pretty good, but sometimes being able to flip pages in the paper catalog is easier.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

Particularly when seated on the Throne

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

I issue commands when I'm on the Throne.. with women in the house it's usually something like "Bring me some damn wipe already!"

"loyalty" and "duty."

may possibly

Reply to
JohnM

Just called Curtis Steel here locally. 2x2 caps are $ .30 each. Parcel post would be cheap, Priority Mail is $3.85 for less than a pound, and one should be able to get about 25 or more into a box for a pound.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

That's why one needs a real paper catalog. Online catalogs suck. Well, they are OK for pricing once you find it in the 2 year old paper catalog.

Reply to
Ken Moffett

Hi, Ned, thanks to your help in finding them, I ordered than from McMaster at 2PM on Wed.

They arrived at 11.30AM on Thurs.

A deal like that is hard to beat. :-)

Kind regards.

Lewis.