Epoxy coating

I found these on craigslist. What do you think for the garage/shop floor?

stryped

stryped fired this volley in news:bbd41d63-83c2-4545- snipped-for-privacy@z7g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

I'm not familiar with the "Weatherbeater" brand, but lacking any other discription, it just sounds like a 2-part epoxy paint, like all the others. Except, for $15 a kit (if not expired on shelf-life or by mis-storage) that's one HELL of a buy.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in news:Xns9D61D64017657lloydspmindspringcom@216.168.3.70:

"Weatherbeater" is/was Sears house brand of paints.

Reply to
RAM³

It's been decades since I knew their suppliers, but Sears paints used to be made by Dutch Boy. They had a long relationship but it could be long gone by now.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Its my understanding that if you do not do a properly wash the acid/base of the concrete will react and cause your epoxy to peel or separate fairly quickly. Any epoxy. I am thinking base as the wash down if I recall is an acid.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

One must provide a bite for the epoxy to be attached to.

My shop was done before I got here and I have spots in it. Mostly where scraped and such.

Martin

Bob La L>> I found these on craigslist. What do you think for the garage/shop

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn