Evaporust

Last week I got a sample gallon of a product called Evaporust. I used it on a 60 year old 109 mini lathe which showed up about the same time, lightly rusted on every steel piece. I have to say the Evaporust worked extremely well, better than the best results I have gotten with electrolytic. It's non-toxic, reusable, and doesn't hurt metals, paints, or plastic. It leaves a coating that prevents rust until you can wash it down and paint or oil it. The only drawback is it retails for around $18/gallon, and it's a little hard to find.

Reply to
Rex B

If you are getting it for $18 per gallon, you are doing well. Up here it is $39 Canadian for a Yankee Gallon. It does NOT leave a rust preventative coating.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I got that price at two industrial supply houses in North Texas, listed on the website. The third was closing it out because he couldn't buy enough to make freight, offered it for $15/gallon. Distributor cost is about $10-$11

According to the website it is " An excellent rust inhibitor" Their printed material says it is a "In fact, immersing un-rusted objects in EVAPO-RUST provides excellent long-term rust protection. I have no way to verify that, but the parts do have a slimey feel that washes off with soapy water.

- - Rex Burkheimer Fort Worth TX

snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.> If you are getting it for $18 per gallon, you are doing well. Up here

Reply to
Rex B

They are protected while immersed - but when the evaporust is rinced off, the rust starts.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce