Everybody with a Bridgeport X power feed

With the new Bridgeport up and running, I gave my older on to my buddy that does TiN and other coatings. Made HIS day! However, I pulled the X axis servo and can't find the right side table bearing bracket or the table stop in the center. Just 'cus I can't find mine from 20 years ago doesn't mean that just about everybody else can't find theirs. Anybody want to sell theirs? How about a trade for a TiN coating job or brushes?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I think I've got one here. The casting says H-115 and is tapped for the retainer for the bearing preload retainer that goes on the left end, but it has a floating double row bearing installed as used on the right end. It appears to be unused; it's not drilled for the locating pins.

BTW, I never heard back from you on size/thickness of Turcite or Garfil.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

I think the castings are all the same. How would you like to part with it? Do you have a table stop too?

I can't find the thread anymore and I can't remember the company...Garland Plastic? or such. Somebody here sent me a link. I called their engineer and they ended up selling me 50' of 1/8"x1" with an acrilic adhesive at $1/foot. I just got the roll of the material in Thursday and one of my guys had done a temporary fix with a stainless steel strip. As soon as I catch-up on that machine's production, we'll try it out. I'll post the results.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

If no one responds..Ill go snag one of Tho's

Btw..I think he is gonna place an order for brushes

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

I was going to send some anyway, what can he use?

BTW, Dr. George Fischer, the TiN guy is one of the top physicists on the planet and the sweetest, dearest friend. I could listen to him for hours...understand him for minutes, but listen to him for hours. He measures vapor ion (TiN) deposition in furlongs per fortnight.

Reply to
Tom Gardner