Matra pump CM6/1 basic question

maybe just OT.........some questions from a pump dummy.

I've got a little Matra CM6/1 pump that I'd like to use to shift some gray water onto the garden with. It doesn't seem to pump too well. It won's self prime and if primed manually doesn't pump:

It spins freely. > If placed below the water level it will build up some pressure but flow is > pretty much equal to what the siphon flow would be. > The impeller is clean and keyed to the shaft ok.

I've tried the Matra website and found nothing other than the pump is described as a "peripheral" pump (the impeller has lots of small radial slots both sides near the outer edge). There is a little wear on the impeller inner "seal area" where it has rubbed on the motor side of the impeller housing other than that everything looks ok.

Any clues what problems I could have or if I'm applying this pump incorrectly. Thanks

best wishes for the season

robb

Reply to
Robb

It could be that it is turning in the wrong direction or the impeller is installed wrong.

John

Reply to
John

Thanks for the reply John - I've pulled the impeller cover and the rotation direction is ok. The wiring is all fixed which aslo reassures me that the direction is likely ok. It looks like the impeller can be "flipped", I'll try swapping it over. regards robb

Reply to
Robb