FA Hendey Bench Top Planer

The Hendey planer that I mentioned on RCM about two weeks ago followed me home when I went to get the two old Hardinge lathes and Saimp, B'port & Index vertical mills. The eBay auction number is 2580026991 and "Ted" has already found it. I tried to get the Index mill up too but AOL ate the auction description just as I had nearly finished it. If anyone in SoCal wants a cheap vertical mill here is your chance. I currently have a Rockwell, Siamp, B'port, Clausing, Index and a small English Denford CNC vertical mill for sale. Try that variety with most of you big time dealers. The two Hardinges are an old Cataract hand screw machine and an early narrow bed thread cutting engine lathe. The later is apart and I think it should be a parts machine. It does have some chucks, a tailstock, collet closer, taper attachment and a few other goodies still with it. I am on my way To HI tomorrow morning so don't expect an immediate Eamil reply. Leigh@marMachine

Reply to
Leigh Knudson

I should mention that Leigh very kindly allowed me to show up as his guest at this old old machine shop, and I was able to look around a bit at the machines.

The Planer is a jewel under the mang. Its just about big enough to make your own lathe beds for a Southbend, Logan etc

The early narrow bed thread cutting Hardinge is a 10-T I believe. The Index Mill is a 50, which is a heavier duty and larger version of the

40 on my webpage. It should make a good home shop mill with a bit of cleanup.

There was also a 14" shaper at the sale, but I dont know if it sold or not.

Leigh has a very good selection of pretty decent machines, probably as good or better than any So.Cal dealer, and priced a hell of a lot better. And a great guy to do business with.

And no..he didnt pay me to say that.. damnit.

Gunner

"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."

-- Krusty the Clown, "The Simpsons"

Reply to
Gunner

Doggone it I have to quit with the politics stuff. I almost missed this. I take it you saw this lathe, and is it mostly there? This would be one of the ones with a carriage traverse handwheel that looks like a hardinge drawbar, with the pattern of hash marks around the outside?

Jim

jim rozen

Yup. Now mind you, I only saw this from 50' away..but its a 10-T.

I was so busy looking at the other Stuff, by the time I got ready to look at the Stuff already on the trailer, the riggers were leaving.

Ive not been down to Leigh's place yet to look every thing over.