fa: very cool power deburring tool

here's the link

I didn't know these things existed - really tempted to keep it myself, but I don't do enough sheet metal work to justify the (small) space it takes up - here's your chance - good condition, ready to use

Reply to
William Noble

--Description might be wrong; looks like a plate beveller to me..

Reply to
steamer

You may be right, but the nameplate says "burr beaver" (I love that name, just love it) --- so that, and the fact that I was told that it's purpose was as I said, makes me think it is really for burr removal -

I found Burr Beaver on Thomas.net here

Industrial Supplies, Inc. - Troy, NY Distributor, Service Company Company Profile: Industrial distributors, general line. Brand Names: Burr Beaver, 3M, Abrasive Technology, Accurite, Acme-Fette, Advanced, Air Turbine, Allied Machine

but that seems to be just a distribution company.

then, with some more searching, I found this:

Simco Industries, Inc.-Mfg of Bur-Beaver

16580 Industrial Street Roseville, Michigan 48066-1931 United States Phone: (810) 772-1910 Fax: 978-352-5616

but they were bought by Ufp which makes packaging products, so maybe this little tool is now an orphan, who knows.......

Reply to
William Noble

Shush!

Im bidding on it.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

so, maybe "burr beaver" means, rather than something that removes a burr, something that uses a burr - interesting. Well, I wish you luck - we shall see if anyone else discovers it before the end of the auction

Reply to
William Noble

I have seen machines like this sold for bevelling nametag blanks, bevelling plates for welding, as well as, as deburring machines.

I think the distinction probably boils down to horsepower and intended use.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Reply to