Fastening a 1/4" threaded stud

Penn Engineering "Pem Studs"

****************** I've used them years ago, I couldn't remember the name. Thanks.

Reply to
Buerste

except for that pesky programming?

Reply to
CaveLamb

That seems like negative thinking to me. Positive thinking would be more like "how do I get these welds done so it isn't a bottleneck?". A weld could need only a second or two and cost only the energy it takes.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Lacking foolishness, a rarity for me, I hired a CNC company to build and program the controls. They also had a couple of my engineers in the loop from the get-go so they know the system inside and out and will be able to modify the program. It's fairly simple, with four pneumatic circuits and two hydraulic circuits. And, they did it all for $2.5k I'll post pix in a few weeks.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Good one Don - surely there must be a few small engineering shops that would be eager to do this sort of job....or has it got so bad in your country that a simple thing like this needs a CNC equipped factory to make a simple part.....

Andrew VK3BFA

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

Yabut I got 9 punch presses and no projection welder.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tap the hole and "Locktite" in a threaded rod. I just did this on a chisel sharpening fixture I built. ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

Or thread it in and tack it.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Good idea! (please no disclaimers about how it isn't really YOUR idea.)

How about a for-example? I.e., stud & hole sizes, drill press speed, how long does it take.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I would expect that there are a few small CNC equipped engineering shops that could do this easily...

Reply to
Tim Wescott