faulty injector pump

Toyota coaster year 2000 HZB501hz motor bus wont pull uphill runs ok on flat road checked tank for water ,blocked pick up put new fuel filter in checked for
cracked lines have got it to pull up hill by installing electric fuel pump but these buses dont have a fuel pump ,so my question is will i damage anything by leaving it on there