Finite Element Analysis of fillet weld toes, fwiw...

Hello all.

A couple of days ago I wrote a new webpage on using Finite Element Analysis modelling to predict the effect of different weld toe shapes on the Stress Concentration Factor (SCF) there.

"FEA simulation of fillet-weld "toe" with specific weld features"

All the resources - images, renderings, graphs, etc. and the key points of my text - are from 2016 and 2017 and re-used in a different way as "this is about welds and here is what FEA can do for welds".

I am able to do that because this first application of FEA for my own purposes having worked through the tutorials has stood the test of time.

There you have it - for what it's worth... Hope is of interest to some of you.

Best message is "Finite Element Analysis modelling is very approachable and usable now"

Rich Smith

Reply to
Richard Smith