Flashlights

I have had great success with my 2AA minimag, which fits nicely right next to my wallet.

The Opalec conversion makes it even more successful. No blowing bulbs.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

9 volt transistor batteries are made up of tablet-shaped cells stacked end-to-end, I interviewed with Eveready one time and saw the whole process at their plant. Nothing even remotely commercially-sized in those 9 volt radio batteries.

As to the O.P.s question, he might check with distributors like Digi-Key or Mouser, I've only ever seen AAAA alkalines, never anything rechargeable. I'd suspect that anything that small wouldn't carry much of a charge, probably a few 10's of milliamp-hours. Wouldn't keep your flashlight running for long.

Stan

Reply to
Stan Schaefer

Not necessarily... There are six cells inside, and I've seen several different ways to build them. Some have 6 watch cells stacked in threes, + down on one stack, + up on the other. Some have 6 oval-shaped cells stacked top-to-bottom, and a lead bringing the - back to the top.

Some have 6 skinny pencil cells oriented vertically. Would be about a AAAAAA battery if they existed - and not suitable for use separately, as they don't have any leakage protection or outer sleeve.

I saw those Coast Cutlery LED lights, and said no after finding they use odd batteries - some are AAAA, some are watch cells, some are special lithium cells. When the store selling the lights doesn't stock the batteries for them, there is a problem...

My LED flashlights use standard alkaline batteries, either AA or AAA, by choice. After an earthquake or other disaster, you want something you can get in a hurry from almost anywhere. ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Do you guys have any experience with these?

These little lights are works of art (the salesman was generous with samples). We are considering carrying them for our auto parts stores.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:25:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEtxol.net (Rex B) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Have you thought of simply using the ceiling lighting instead?

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Spike....Spike? Hello?

Reply to
Old Nick

I have the LL7547, three LED, uses three "N" batteries. Great little light as far as I an concerned. Some people are concerned of finding "N" batteries though, I am not. I have had it for 3 months, I figure the batteries will die of old age before I wear them out! Battery life of LED lights is great. Many times over standard flashlights. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

|>These little lights are works of art (the salesman was generous with samples). |>We are considering carrying them for our auto parts stores. | |Have you thought of simply using the ceiling lighting instead? |**************************************************** sorry

Reply to
Rex B

|> Do you guys have any experience with these? |>

|> These little lights are works of art (the salesman was generous with |samples). |> We are considering carrying them for our auto parts stores. |>

| | |I have the LL7547, three LED, uses three "N" batteries. Great little light |as far as I an concerned. Some people are concerned of finding "N" batteries |though, I am not. I have had it for 3 months, I figure the batteries will |die of old age before I wear them out! |Battery life of LED lights is great. Many times over standard flashlights. |Greg.

Well, I've inadvertently left two of the samples on over night and you can't tell them from new, in terms of light output. |

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

I have one of those. It's nice and small, but doesn't put out nearly the candlepower of the ARC. It also doesn't maintain the light output as the batteries die, and the batteries are expensive. I would recommend looking at the ARC AA LED instead.

Terry

Reply to
Terry