Outdoor wiring help

Guys,

I am trying to run electrical cable outside for the installation of brick libhts in a retaining wall that I am having built. I have worked out how tor un the cables in the double brick wall without cutting the bricks or doing any achasing or having a brick cavity so there was one problem solved however I am trying to work out a way to run conduit under a path without ripping the path up. What I have come up with so far is a little messy and I was hopinh that maybe someone has another idea.

The idea I have is to use a metal or plastic pipe with a water hose inserted inside it and usng the pressure from the water to break down the dirt and the pipe drains the dirt and water into the trench I have dug and I slowy hit the pipe in with a hammer or I twist the pipe with pressure so it acts like a coreing type system however as I said this is a very messy solution, any ideas from you gurus out there?

Thanks Imran

Reply to
Imran

I have some doubts how well the water from the hose would dislodge the dirt.

You could connect the hose to the pipe, the water and dirt wash back around the pipe.

Depending how long you are going and how hard the ground you could probably just drive a pipe through. Might be easier with a bullet nose or leading edge flattened to a chisel point. Cut off damaged pipe on each end.

If you are still looking for ideas also try alt.home.repair

bud--

Reply to
Bud--

It is very common to "jet" pipes here in Florida but there are not many rocks in the soil and it is mostly sand. I have shot pipes 25-30 feet and hit a hole about a foot across. My best "shot" was a 2" pipe under the garage floor that hit a 12" hole on the other side. I made a drill head from a rounded pipe cap with 4 holes drilled in it. One about 3/8" in the center and three

1/8" holes around the edge. By twisting the pipe as I went it chewed a hole 22' and went almost perfectly straight.
Reply to
gfretwell

Thanks guys I ended up buying a metal fence post with a point on one end and dug a big area aroung the path on bith sides and hit the pole in a little at a time and then moved the pole in a circular motion and ten hit it in furher as far ras I could go then would stop for the day and fill the hole with water and go out the next day and do the same took a week but I got thru.

My soil was pure clay so the jet water method did work at all but I got thru ot using some of your techinques.

Thanks guys you are all awesome

Regards Imran

Reply to
Imran