Fluorescent light fixtures

Hello all,
This is sorta on topic, because the fixture in question is in my shop ;)
I didn't think you'd fall for that.
A two-bulb fixture went flaky, and having some idea of its age, and not
wanting to drive back and forth for bulbs and then a balast, I decided
to replace the fixture. It was the right call; the old balast looked awful.
All seems well, but I can't get the cover to stay put. Is there any
secret to them? Maybe I just need to bend the edges to make it grab???
I didn't see any obvious hardware to lock it in place, and the old one
sure put up a fight before it moved.
Score another one for my $140 shop crane. I notched some scrap wood to
allow it to hold the fixture in place while I fought with the joists.
Bill
Reply to
Bill Schwab
If it's a wrap fixture, hook one side on and then flex the other outwards slightly to "wrap" it around the pan.
Reply to
ATP*
It think that's the idea, but it wouldn't stay put. It might simply be that I need to bend it some to get to grab.
Thanks!
Bill
Reply to
Bill Schwab
You should be able to see it hook over the sheet metal. Some of them can be a bitch.
Reply to
ATP*
I got it! As I was tossing the packaging, I spotted (yes, I know I'm not supposed to read them) the instructions on the bottom of the box. They referenced a quarter-turn fastener, and there was an H-shaped piece of metal that clearly was designed to be pressed into a hole. It took some imagination, but I found a way to get it to grab.
Now if my garage door opener would close the door on its own (started acting up last night), I now know a bunch of things that are _not_ wrong with it ~:(
Thanks!
Bill
Reply to
Bill Schwab