fly control

look for copper pennies in water in plastic bag fly repellent

Reply to
SteveB

Where am I supposed to be looking? Have you seen any serious studies of this method?

Reply to
amdx

Where am I supposed to be looking? Have you seen any serious studies of this method?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

"Yes they do work. I don't really know why but it does help. We had a bad f ly problem on our side patio. To the point you couldn't stay out there a co uple of mintes without being swarmed with flies. I had seen the water bags used at a local cafe/bar and was skeptical about it but thought it was wort h a try. I hung 3 1-gallon ziplock bags of water from the rafters along the outside edge of the patio and by the next day there were very few flies. N ow out in the yard (where they were also bad) they are still there, but wit hin 10 foot or so of the patio, there are hardly any. I have noticed in the late afternoon (patio is on west side of house) when there is a slight breeze causing the bags to twist and sway, the sun hittin g them makes it look like we have a slow moving disco ball going. Maybe its the water acting like a prism, causing moving spots and flashes that scare s the flies away. Maybe a wind chime made of mirrors would do the same tric k? Also, I have never heard or seen the thing of putting pennies in the bag. N ot sure what that would do, other than, I did put a marble sized rock in th e corner of the bag to have something to wrap and tie the string around...m aybe the first person to do this used pennies and got something started?? " - TX Cowboy

--

mogulah

Sorry numb nuts. Look in the most popular search engine you can find. I tried to post the exact url, but each time was blocked my my server. Now which one do you think is the major one? Rhymes with floogle.....

Reply to
SteveB

[...]

I read on floogle (not the name of the real search engine, you unmunge) that it actually makes a prism that is disorienting to the fly, plus looks like the compound eye of an insect to the fly, making it think it is a real life large predator.

I tried posting this message once using the actual search engine name (you remember, the one that rhymes with floogle) but was blocked AGAIN. So, I put it in code, but amdx didn't figure out the secret code. I know YOU can read this, as you were able to get more info.

I guess there are servers, like amdx, and other individuals who have issues with floogle. (not the real search engine)

Get it yet, amdx?

sniffle ..........

Steve

Reply to