Free - Loctite 609 Retaining Compound

3 - .34 oz bottles. "Use by" date - 6/06, but still works for me.

Reply to my email, 1 per "customer".

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Still 2 left - does nobody else want one? Postage is on me (it only takes a 1st class stamp).

Now, about this stuff: I used it on the bearing that I used on my motor test & I'd like to get the bearing off. I can't find out how to do that. loctite.com is no help, although it does say that 609 is "Recommended for parts that will need subsequent dismantling". I remember reading that heat is used, but not how much. Too much would ruin the sealed bearing, I think.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Never mind - I found it: dismantle with press or puller.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

They're all taken. BTW - I had email from someone who said that he has a 10 year old bottle of this stuff, so the 6/06 use-by is not something to be concerned about.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt