fs: 10 pounds of linotype anyone?

getting down to the dregs here - I have 4 ingots (2.5 pounds) of linotype alloy that I can ship to anywhere in the USA for a total of $18.50 - if interested, drop me a note via the email listed on my web page,

There is still a quantity of separator alloy (more tin) and lead ingots available too.

Reply to
Bill Noble

Too far away for me, but I'm curious: what's it good for?

Reply to
Jordan

Might be better to hawk it on Craigslist. Shipping is going to be a killer. Pretty much a So Cal only deal if you allow pickup.

Wes

Wes

Pretty much

You can put a lot of lead in a flat rate box.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

IIRC flat rate boxes have a 70 pound limit... they're a great deal for small heavy stuff. They even give you the box for free!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Reply to
Ignoramus10412

Where were you when I as begging for a lousy couple hundred pounds, Bill?

Reply to
CaveLamb

I need three boxes, please?

Reply to
CaveLamb

Pretty much

aaah, wes/?? I said "delivered in the USA", so my $18.50 offer included shipping within the USA (but, sadly, not canada - add another $10 for Canada).

Reply to
Bill Noble

They have them free for the taking at the post office [1]... or you can order larger quantities from the usps web site. They even ship them to you postage free. Be sure to get the size you need, the shipping 'flat rate' varies a bit for the different box sizes.

Erik

[1] In my (limited) experience, Flat Rate box stock can vary somewhat from one post office to another. If they don't have the box/es you need out in the lobby, try asking. They sometimes have more behind the counter, or stashed in the back.
Reply to
Erik

Looking for lead here, Eric...

Reply to
CaveLamb

I ship metal targets that way sometimes. Four or five boxes. Heavy. I build in 1/4" wood sides/top/bottom - all six - to spread the weight across the whole surface. These boxes are tossed from one site to another - then into conveyor belts then tossed...

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn