FS-Bandsaw Blades

I recently bought a quantity of bandsaw blades on ebay, figuring that
I could use some of them in my home shop..and all are too long.
I think..think that some/most of these are bimetal Starretts..but only
two of them still have the labels on them
(10) 3/4" 14T.. 14' 6" (176")
(4) 5/8" 14T..14' 6" (176")
(8) 1" 11T..12' 1" (145")
(1) 1 1/4" 4T..14' 6" (176")
(2) 1/2" 14T 9' 10" (Starett)
Make me an offer for any you are interested in, plus shipping from
93268 or 91763
If no interest..Ill take em to Reliable Tools and see if I can swap em
for the 5/8" 93" blades I need.
Gunner
The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.
In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.
Theodore Dalrymple,
Reply to
Gunner
According to Gunner :
[ ... ]
[ ... ]
Hmm ... those 5/8" ones (item #4) are long enough to be cut down and re-welded to make four single blade ones, and two more with parts of two blades each -- assuming that your bandsaw has a functional welder.
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols
Ayup..I might do this. I can tig em back together or take em to a shop and have em done with a blade welder. Ive 3 blade welders..and none of them work right. Or Im not bright enough to adjust the guts to work right. Ive welded blades with blade welders many times..dont know why mine dont work properly. Shrug.
Gunner
The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.
In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.
Theodore Dalrymple,
Reply to
Gunner
DON'T BUY THEM...ALL THE TEETH ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! GUNNER'S TRYING TO PULL A FAST ONE!!!
(The trick with blade welders in in the anealing, practice, practice, practice)
Reply to
Tom Gardner
Curses!!! Foiled Again!!!
Gunner
The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.
In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.
Theodore Dalrymple,
Reply to
Gunner
With a simple shop-made jig they can be silverbrazed. Grind a slow taper on each part with the jig at a wheel, overlap with the jig so the lap is flat and the teeth are aligned, silverbraze. Might need to pick a few teeth clear with a dremel and a cutoff wheel. Not as fast as welding, but it definitely works.
Reply to
Don Foreman
That work for bimetal blades too, not just the carbon steel ones?
GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
Those are made for use South of the equator, where the orientation would be correct.
Reply to
Rex B
On Mon, 15 May 2006 17:20:09 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:
I love your special ones. They have teeth which are half on each side.
-------------------/|/|/|/|/|/|/|/|/\/\/| \|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\----------------------
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Escher Blades!!! ...only Gunner
Reply to
Tom Gardner
Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but "Tom Gardner" wrote on Mon, 15 May 2006 15:12:44 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
I'm afraid to ask how he knows this ...
Besides, everybody knows those bands are for the left handed bandsaws.
Reply to
pyotr filipivich