Fuck

A few months ago, in a moment of inattention, I started my welder, and a radiator mount bracket was hurled by the fan into my radiator, killing it. (the radiator)

My electronics technician friend has been working on the electronics of my SA 200 for a couple of days now. He took off the solenoid, but had to take off one of the radiator brackets.

Guess what happened when he started the motor?

Fuck!

Going to take it to the shop tomorrow and see if it's DOA again.

It's always something.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Some days ya can't pee a drop.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Dont stress too much Steve - its just your turn, thats all.

Andrew V3BFA.

Reply to
VK3BFA

Well, at least there was not a blood sacrifice! Hope that your radiator can be salvaged.

Reply to
guillemd

And pay attention when he does---one hand on your shoulder is OK. Two isn't.

Reply to
Bill Marrs

Well, at least there was not a blood sacrifice! Hope that your radiator can be salvaged.

Reply: Well, there was a little blood. The day before, I started it up, and little tiny pieces of a mouse came out of the generator vents. Tiny little pieces. All fresh.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Mice set up a nest in my generator's control box, once, too. Brought in a lot of nesting material and peed all over (which affected starting circuitry).

It smelled very bad. You know, it stunk so badly that I was wondering how can mice live in their own pee, why do not they get outside to pee, like normal people.

In any case, after a little cleaning and drying the generator was working again.

Ignoramus17277

Mmm.. maybe you are taking care of that problem for them ;-)

I went on a service call once, one of our most remote sites (for our area/shop anyway). It was during the winter and the snow was maybe one to three feet deep. Had a hard time parking along the road next to the two-track. There was a good sized snow-plow berm. Loaded everything I thought I would need on a toboggan and proceeded to tromp a bit over a quarter mile back in the pasture to the tower site. The problem was two cute little White-footed Mice had peed all over the audio amp board and caused the 13.6 volt fuse to blow, shutting down the community repeater. Ugh! squished the little beauties, I was a bit peeved, pulled the audio amp board out (not needed for the repeater, service aid only) happened to bring the right fuse with me and got it working again.

Interesting how two little mice can create a pretty stiff repair bill...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I put mothballs in there, per recommendations here. Seems to work great. Mice (and I) hate mothballs.

Seems like a good case for placing mothballs at the location.

Ignoramus17277

Not as bad as the day I started the car and the neighbour's red and white cat ran out from under it. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Several years ago a squirrel shut off the lights in a good portion of Toronto for a couple hours. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I just evicted a skunk from under the back shed with moth balls and javex. This makes about six times in 25 years. I never should have let that one live under the front porch the first winter we were here! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

When I lived in Houston in '72, I was showering happily when it sounded like someone discharged a 12 ga. magnum shotgun within three feet of me. I looked out the window, and saw some smoldering lump on the ground. Apparently some squirrel got a lesson on taking 220 to ground, and took out a transformer (or very large fuse) with him.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Was it red and white before, or just white?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Ever see a red cat? At least that shade of red? Had to shampoo the engine compartment too! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

This happens often around here [60 miles SSW of Houston] since there's a very large squirrel population.

Usually, though, it's the younger ones who get just that little bit too curious...

Reply to
RAM³

In Salem, Oregon recently, an osprey (sea hawk) flew over town clutching its prize from the nearby river, a 12" jack salmon. Something happened and the hawk dropped the fish, which landed exactly across two high-tension wires. There was a huge POW and all of downtown's power went out for nearly half an hour.

Me, I think the osprey was just trying the best it could to smoke some salmon!

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

When I worked as a deputy..one of the other reserves started a car that hadnt been on patrol in a while.

A momma kitty had a batch of kittens in the engine compartment.

She came out in bits and pieces. I managed to save 6 of the 7 kittens and get them a new momma kitty. I still have offspring of one of them which I kept from the adoption of the survivors.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Ill see if I can find then scan the photo.

I was out hunting some years ago..and found the skeletal remains of a very large red tailed hawk hanging upside down from a power line by one claw, with the other claw holding the skeletal remains of a ground squirrel.

Rather touching in a very ironic way. I pondered long and hard over that vision.

Gunner

Gunner Asch