Fuck

One of these days those hawks are going to learn to cook! :-)

Reply to
Grant Erwin

RCM only

On Sat, 23 May 2009 12:21:17 -0700, the infamous Grant Erwin scrawled the following:

So, how was it? I had some coho last night. Delicious, although not nearly as fresh as the osprey's.

-- "The latest documents released this week showed that priests with drug, alcohol and sexual abuse problems continued in the ministry as recently as two years ago. That doesn't sound like a church, it sounds like Congress with holy water." -Jay Leno

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yea, but new radiators are _expensive_.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Yeah. $350 for this one. My friend says he can get them for $125. We might have to test that statement.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

The radiator in my E-350 van retails at about the same price. I got a new one for $112

Shrug

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Yeah, like losing a 24 channel t-carrier system, having multiple customers out of servce, and finding a lizard spread eagled across the decoder card at one end.

Pzzzzzzzzt!

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Ford wanted about $00 for one for my truck a couple years ago. i bought a new one from Radiator Barn for $123 and change. i ordered it by credit card at 3:30 PM, and UPS delivered it the next day.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Mice and rats do not have a urinary blader so they can't "hold it" and piss trickles down their leg at all times. Isn't that wonderful?

73 Gary

Reply to
Gary Pewitt

I don't know how it is in Canada but here in the states all the boxes of moth balls have warning notices on them that spell out how it's against the law to use the moth balls to repell or evict animal pests. Lord protect us from the Nanny state.

73 Gary

Reply to
Gary Pewitt

The warning is actually to protect users. Using mothballs to repel mice in a house is a very bad idea (because it will affect people also) and so the package warning is correct.

I would never even think of using mothballs in a house, myself.

Using them in a generator enclosure, though, is acceptable to me.

Ignoramus21710

I'll tell you a story if you promise not to turn me in.

We had chipmunks chewing their way into the space between the outside lap and inside finish. My wife heard (probably on Oprah, as that is where she gets this shit from) that mothballs will evict rodents.

With my wife, anything that's worth doing is worth obsessing over or doing to the 33rd magnitude. I poured a few mothballs into the opening. She had me continue until I had poured in two boxes. After two seasons, the smell is there, although it has gone down. A little. I foresee one day of pulling the boards just to get to the trove of balls and get rid of them.

Stock up on mousetraps, as I hear that's the next Obama project right after he finished up with handguns.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

They do have urinary bladders (don't have gall bladders). They just don't have the same conventions as us as to when to empty them.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Is that where they got the idea of 'trickle down' economics?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Never heard of that, but then, the current supply has resided in a glass jar, not the cardboard packaging the came in, since I bought them 24 years ago - a little goes a long way! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

As posted a few minutes ago - a little goes a long way! One box is still going after 24 years and at least half a dozen skunks. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

My bro-in-law's Grand Cherokee had a mouse find refuge in the heater. Happened in his heated garage. Problem started a couple hundred miles away from nowhere at -30 degrees - much clatter, no fan, and about a grand when the dealer got ahold of it. They (the dealer's bloodthirsty drones), but the thousand bucks put kind of a damper on said BIL's amusement, so say nothing of all those hours with only the back seat heater fan doing anything.

Mouse was effectively mulched, however... /mark

Reply to
Mark F

On the other hand there was a famous family anecdote in my family about the time, apparently prior to my arrival in this vale of tears, when my father blocked a rat hole in the kitchen by nailing a flattened tin can over the hole.

After several years my mother still claimed she could smell the decomposing rats....

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok (bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Reply to
Bruce in Bangkok

I have a box of 'Enoz' brand moth balls in front of me. The only warning is that it can affect humans and domestic animals. I fond nothing on the Willert Home Products website.

Says: Not for use to control squirrels, bats and birds in the home.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And there is a great reason for it also, which is that mothballs are poison for people. The warning is 100% correct.

Ignoramus17844

Not for use to control squirrels, bats and birds in the home. This are usually a problem in the attic, where the high temperatures will cause them to break down rapidly, and they are highly flammable. That, and any spark, like from the thermostat on an attic fan, and you could blow the roof off the house.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell