Glass bedding compound?

I just went looking for the last of my Acroglass bedding compound and its toast. Im in the middle of doing a bedding job on a utility Smellie..sigh

Anyone have any recommendations for other compounds that will work and are available in a small town in the middle of sweet F#ck all?

I may have some BondoGlass, but I need something with about as close to Zero dimensional changes as possible during the curing stage and use.

Got any suggestions?

Gunner

It's not unwise to remember that Mother Nature is essentially a murderous, sneakly, promiscuous bitch who has been trying to kill you since your conception.

Eventually she will succeed, perhaps with the help of your fellow man.

Life consists in putting off the inevitable as long as possible and taking what good and joy you can before her success.

Whether you attribute that situation to evolutionary forces, a fallen nature after Adam and Eve screwed the pooch, or whatever, it's no less true.

Be friendly, pleasant, unaggressive, and honest toward all and be prepared to ignore, avoid, or even kill anyone who is otherwise toward you. Being ready doesn't mean eager, just ready. What true friends are found in life will undestand and accept that fundamental rule of human interaction." John Husvar

Reply to
Gunner

Dang, Gunner, with your arsenal, I'd just order some from Brownell's, and find something else to play with in the meantime.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

Arsenal? Pete..I have a very modest Collection. A tiny one. Minute. Only Several. Much less than a Bunch.

[...]

Devcon Plastic Steel or Aluminum is used by some bench-resters. You can usually buy it at Grainger if there is one near sweet F--k all.

Randy

Reply to
Randal O'Brian

Epoxies have very little dimensional change on curing. Try one, preferably liquid that you can mix chopped glass fibre in to get just the consistency you want. Simonize car wax makes a good release agent for where you _don't_ want it to stick. Thin teflon sticky tape is even better.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Devcon, Marine Tex and several other Epoxy products are used by BR shooters. These are mostly glue-ins, but should work with a little release compound.

Reply to
Red Rider