and take it from your foreign aid,
and then you'll feel the loss.
And when your nation starts to fall,
well Frenchie, you can spare us,
just call the Germans for a hand,
they know the way to Paris.
(source unknown)
Gunner
It's not unwise to remember that Mother Nature is essentially a
murderous, sneakly, promiscuous bitch who has been trying to kill you
since your conception.
Eventually she will succeed, perhaps with the help of your fellow man.
Life consists in putting off the inevitable as long as possible and
taking what good and joy you can before her success.
Whether you attribute that situation to evolutionary forces, a fallen
nature after Adam and Eve screwed the pooch, or whatever, it's no less true.
Be friendly, pleasant, unaggressive, and honest toward all and be
prepared to ignore, avoid, or even kill anyone who is otherwise toward
you. Being ready doesn't mean eager, just ready. What true friends are
found in life will undestand and accept that fundamental rule of human
interaction." John Husvar
Reply to
Gunner
It's hard to believe someone would post this piece now. You could almost imagine it coming at the very beginning of the disaster we have created in WMD - less, ten thousand maimed or dead servicemen, in third world Iraq. What's next? A list of the stupid cowards that wouldn't jump into Vietnam with us? Please restore a grain of dignity for yourself by blaming it on a very slooow server or some medication you are taking. Dixon
Reply to
Dixon
begin cluelessboy2 wiped the cumstains from his lips before writing:
Your blowup man-doll needs cleaning.
Reply to
Worry Not
10,000 dead or maimed servicemen? Odd.
A bit of a note there, hair ball..its not the country of WMD. Its Iraq.
Now if the Frogs had lended a hand from the first, there would not be 1300 casualties on the Good Guys side. Overwhelming force was needed and since the Froggies decided that their skimming off the top of the Oil For Food program was more important than supporting an allie against the Bad People who were paying them...I think its a fair thing to tweak their noses all we want. And yours as well.
Now go blow a Frenchman and let respectable people be.
[...]
Bubble, bubble toil and trouble.
Just think, the French could rebuild ALL the tsunami damage with just a small portion of their profits from weapon sales to Iraq to kill American GIs...not even dipping into their ill-gotten "Oil for Food" money. I still can't believe that SOME people don't have enough sight to "follow the money" and go off on some narrow-minded political tirade. The two best being that the tsunami was caused by an American weapon or global warming due to American SUVs. But that's OK, we need idiotic views to set upper and lower limits of reality.
Reply to
Tom Gardner
Much Snipping, erm Its not only the french who have short memories, it was the intervention of the french navy that got the US free from British control, it was alaso the french keeping the bulk of the Brit army tied up in spain and portugal that allowed the much poorer quality brit troops in north america to lose control of the colony.If I remember right in GW1 it was the french who were first into Iraq , further forward than US troops and provided striong cover to the US's flank. Acts of betrayal of a large scale make people think of the US abandoning its allies in vietnam.
Reply to
The Rifleman
Bravo Gunner,
you were able to dredge up some more schmaltz for the the peabrains that subscribe to this newsgroup. I thought you were better than this!! Please, keep the "Freedom Fries" at home and make your point with less syrup next time!!
Bonjour,
Pierre St. Moritz
PS: I'm sure that Strider was crying and banging his desktop by the time he got to the end of this silly poem. He's the sort of people who feed off this sort of maudlin tripe.
Reply to
jiffypop
Well, Tim...You too can be on the winning side, I'll chip in on your ticket.
Now the Resistance is whooping the Occupation Force's
Reply to
Tom Gardner
and that a generation of the French died in the trenches in WWI to save Europe from the Germans
CBII
Reply to
cueboy2
What do you think of all the countries that were too cowardly to help the Russians "liberate" Afghanistan in the late seventies? They gained the same world "respect" then as we are now. Dixon
Reply to
Dixon Smith
liberate the Afghanis from who?
Evidently they didnt teach you much history in the Home.
Gunner
"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where." Scipio
Reply to
Gunner
Then they shouldnt have invaded Kuwait.
Kuwait wasnt theirs.
Gunner
"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where." Scipio
Reply to
Gunner
Let's see.
WWI, The "War to end all wars". The French were paid back for The Revolutionary War.
They still owe for WWII.
Rick Bowen TSRA Life Member It's time to get the U.S. out of the UN, and the UN out of the U.S.
Reply to
rickb308
Actually the war cost the King his head. Just a little problem. He had spent so much making gold laden ships that could match the English that the country went to hell-in-a-hand basket. Something like the Tzar and Russia. The revolution took place.... So they (the people) owe us big time on that!
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Site Timeline