Goodbye AT&T !

The Comcast Guy was here today , tomorrow (when my compugeek son is home) I'll be switching all my stuff over to Comcast - at 4X the download speed .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I'm already signed up for teranews free - and will be getting another newsserver , probably apn , in the near future . Just got the new ISP account set up , still need to get my router programmed and change mail server addresses on my desktop .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Fuck off spammer .

Reply to
Schmoe

Congrats... but you'll still have to use motzarella or teranews or some other news service to get the groups... Comcast dropped their news servers too!

Reply to
Native

Had Comcast for a while now.. it is fast. My other choises here are a wireless wideband from the local phone company (prohibitvely expensive) or dial up through the local phone compnay (prohibitvely slow and expensive). I use a Vonnage through my Comcast so I don;t have to deal with local phone compnay. In our area any town more than about 5 miles away end up being long distance. Sorry, hey Shirley buy a couple rounds, I think I forgot in my last post.

Pugman

Reply to
PugMan

make sure you save all your paperwork that prove the final bill to att has been paid. ATT has a terrible habit of coming back through a collection company and try to collect for final billls that have been paid. Search palisade collection company and att for the underhanded things they have done.

John

Reply to
John

Will do , and thanks for the heads-up !

Reply to
Snag

I still have att but I'm getting RMH and across the street with Giganews. It should still work after att dropes their service.

Chuck ( SH # 1 )

Reply to
shovelheadchuck

AT&T is history here , I even had 'em cut the phone service . It wasn't just the dropping of NG's , it was the lousy connection speeds , and every time it rains we lost 'net connectivity .

Reply to
Snag

Nope, not a spammer---he's one of the good guys. Just venting his (likely well founded) frustration.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
[ ... ]

You might check out newsguy too. That is what I use, and those who have been displaced by AT&T dropping service get a three month connection for the price of one month.

This URL and comment was posted in the newsguy.general newsgroup a few days ago. Check out the URL and see whether it will do you any good.

====================================================================== }

} } AT&T customers will receive 2 free months of newsgroup access when they purchase } a 1 month account for $10.95 ... that's 3 months of newsgroups for the } price of 1! ======================================================================

Note that I don't work for them and don't get paid by them, but if you mention my name while signing up, I get some credit for future bills. But -- you don't have to mention it -- I won't be upset. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Chuckle!

Shoulda known! :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Yea. How many motorcycle pictures can you download in a month, anyway? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell