Gorton Mill on Ebay

This is identical to mine. Like a Bridgeport on steroids. Rigid stout machine.

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs

Reply to
Gunner

Years ago, I ran a Gorton. Lovely rigid machine. But it had a special proprietary "gorton" collet for holding endmills etc. Have they changed to something more standard?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

That Barnes has been up on ebay three times now, never a bid. I think the owner has an inflated view of its value, there were comps that sold for much, much less.

Besides Lennie has his barnes already, and I've got my seneca falls. So the market is pretty much saturated. :)

Jim

jim rozen

Mine is standard National 30 taper. It will hold just about any kind of 30 taper holder, but you may have to change the draw bar for the BTC ones. I keep two draw bars at the machine and simply slip in the proper one.

I traded labor for mine a couple years ago, it was a rusty, hammered piece of crap, but I rebuilt it over a years time, and its pretty decent now. Doesnt have the electric power feed, unfortunately, but when I hit the big time, Ill stick an aftermarket power feed or something on it. Shrug. Turning the cranks keeps my arms strong.

Ive talked to many old timers and they all agreed that is a far superior machine to a Bridgeport, etc. Which is why I posted the link. Perhaps someone here will get it. If its in good condition, I have no doubt they will prefer it to just about anything else of its type.

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs

Reply to
Gunner

Must pull some amps operating at only 22 volts......

Reply to
ATP

ROFLMAO..yah, Ill bet it does.