Jacobs Gear Hobber (for Geoff)

Sorry, but Netscape 7.1 ate everything in my email (don't think they feed it at AOL). If you can contact me again,Geoff, we can discuss the casting set I have for the Jacobs (Helix) Gear Hobber. It is now available and its blueprint set.

Regards,

Marv

Reply to
Marv Soloff

Eudora is an email program only... and IMHO..one of the top 3 for best.

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs

Reply to
Gunner

At least in the Windows world. In the unix, I like strn (Scoring, Threaded, News Reader).

[ ... ]

And for unix, again, I prefer mutt, though there are several other excellent choices -- some of which (like pine) can be used for newsreading as well.

And they all are *free*. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

You make several good points. After struggling with Microsoft for 15 some years (and DOS 2 and Windows 2) I am weary of Redmond's thin attempts to be all things to all men.

I have been playing with Slackware 9.0 - which has the KDE 3.X overlay and Open Office. Looks good, works fine. I am now waiting for a new motherboard/chip set to arrive so I can power up a machine specifically for Linux. In my dotage, I have come to the conclusion that Man does not need Microsoft to survive in the Information Age. Fortunately, I can do something about it for myself. I will probably use Netscape ported for Linux as a news reader/mail program and I will kiss the Microsoft based stuff good-bye.

BTW - there is an outfit in Malaysia that sells Linux OS CDs for pennies check out

Regards,

Marv

Reply to
Marv Soloff