GortonBook available

I just spent one of the most boring hours in a long time scanning the Gorton Pantograph book, circa 1950

This should cover most of the most common Gorton pantographs. From the Munitions Engraver to the P3s.

The book also covers use of the Gorton cutter tool grinder 375-2 and the 717-1 Universal head, plus a full secton on grinding single flute and multi flute cutters. Engraving calibrated machine tool dials etc etc.

I scanned only a few of the "area diagrams"...the large fold out templates that you lay on the table of your pantograph, to determine your work area..which really arnt needed, but Ill try to find someone with a Large flatbed scanner who can do these properly.

Pages were scanned at 1275x1753 resolution, to cover the fine details in each page.

The zip file Ive generated is 16 megs in size. Im on dialup. I only want to upload this once if possible.

Anyone got server space to host this, or anyone want to turn it into an ebook? Just as long as you can do the magic to keep the fine details, I dont care how you compress it. Im not up to date on all the hip slick and cool graphics stuff..butt ignorant actually pretty well describes it...(I heard that!!!!!)

drop me an email with where, how to upload it.

And if I find it on Ebay for sale..Ill be really really pissed off. This is not a good thing for the seller. This was done for the RCM users as free data. Ive included some ID in several of the files, so I can determine if the files came from my computer or not. Google Steganography

The only reason I mention this..is this was done to me before..which is why Ive been a bit hesitant about scanning any more of my machine tool library.

Hint..hint..Ill be really pissed if you do it again.. The last time I gave you a free pass. Which is why you dont walk with a limp and a cane....

Btw..this was NOT a regular here on RCM.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

John Carroll was kind enough to host the files on his server

ftp://64.143.22.219/GortonPant1.zip ftp://64.143.22.219/GortonPant2.zip ftp://64.143.22.219/GortonPant3.zip ftp://64.143.22.219/GortonPant4.zip ftp://64.143.22.219/GortonPant5.zip ftp://64.143.22.219/GortonPant6.zip ftp://64.143.22.219/GortonPant_ALL.zip

1-6 run about 2-3 megs, and the All file should be about 16 megs or so.

Thanks John, much obliged

Gunner

Gunner Asch

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 03:13:38 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

6:25-6:29am, a bit over 3 minutes via Starband. I love those DL speeds!

Yes, thanks to both of you.

--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -

Web Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
machineman

Thank you for your effort, and thanks to John Carroll for allowing the information to be made available.

Reply to
Charlie

I thought those pages on the engraving cutters might come in handy for some of the CNC guys as well.

Your more than welcome.

Gunner

Gunner Asch