Green low-friction coating in Clausing Varidrives

Curious, I did some google research (on "low friction coating green"), and found the following:

(200L looks promising)

Turns out that there are many products that sound suitable, all based on fluoropolymers of one sort or another.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Max film thickness 25 micron, about ~0.001" I'm fairly sure the original coating is thicker.

On that one

sounds like acetone would not attack it.

One of the biggest problems is obtaining them.

Teflon pan repair spray sounds interesting.

Seems like the stuff was everywhere a few years ago. Wonder what goverment nanny killed that.

Wes

Wes

Reply to
Wes