Grumpy is good!

Check out

Jacqueline Bichsel of Morgan State did a study of older men and women and found that over 60, grumpy is good. It strongly correlates to intelligence and mental activity. Over 60 grumpies even out performed young people on some kinds of cognitive tasks. When I was a youngster, I always thought the crusty old guys had the most interesting things to say. Now I find they really did, it wasn't just their "colorful" language.

Bottom line is stay grumpy - no challenge for this group.

Reply to
Jim McGill

I'm two years short of 60 but long on grumpy. I used to be Dopey, played Doc a few times, get Sleepy after being Goofy, forgetful almost always. Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait

Grumpy old men make the best handi men. Being so opinionated helps them be decisive.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

I'll remember this when I get old.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Maybe you will! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

We're grumpy because people don't automatically assume we're right and do as they're told without question like they should...at least that's my reason.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'm fairly grumpy at work with those that should know their stuff. Just because someone doesn't want to use his or hers brain, doesn't mean they should be able to borrow mine.

I am not grumpy with temp workers though. They tend to be thrown into things with in-adequate training in a sink or swim enviroment where even if they excel they may get screwed. These poor exploited folks, I try to help if I can.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

Ahhh, you do help them even if you are grumpy while doing it. You probably ask them questions that annoy them so as they might get in the habit of asking themselves those very same type of questions in order to come up with the solutions to problems.

Socrates was probably a grumpy old guy, and that's why the powers that were decided to off him at age 70.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf