Halogen shop lights

** Posted from
**
Reply to
William Noble

What's even cheaper is changing to CFLs. I use the 25W or larger CFLs in the cheap spring clamp reflector fixtures now instead of the old 500W halogen floods. Plenty of light, virtually no heat, long life and low power.

Reply to
Pete C.

I went to HD to buy a T3 bulb for my halogen shop light. The bulb was $6.49, and a new one was $8.99, so I grabbed a new one. On the way, I spotted a display for $4.99 each. The same 250w of luminance, but probably not made as good.

Still, it's incredible that it's cheaper to buy a new light rather than replace the bulb. I bought four.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Just like printers. Buy a printer with free ink included. Replacement ink costs more than a printer!

Martin

Mart> I went to HD to buy a T3 bulb for my halogen shop light. The bulb was

Martin H. Eastburn

LOL! Just like inkjet printers! It was $40.00 cheaper for me to buy a new printer VS new cartridges for the old one.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Yes, but were the cartridges in the new printer fully loaded with ink? Often they only have about half the ink as a replacement cartridge. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:06:51 -0400, the infamous Gerald Miller scrawled the following:

Ink works out to something like $500 per gallon in cartridges.

I bought a color laser last time (A $400 Samsung CLP-600, on sale for $200!) Toner cartridges would cost about $320, but toner refills are available for a mere (Feh!) $165 from the GWN, your country. I much prefer laser toner to ink.

P.S: I received a free printer once. After bringing it home, I realized that she refilled it herself. There was ink all over my truck floor mat and it took about six months to finally get it up. Luckily, it was the old Ford. The new Tundra has carpeting. I woulda beed really pissed at that. If you've never had an ink spill, trust me. You don't want to experience one. The damned thing kept leaking on my shop floor for another six months before someone finally took it off my hands. Uckfay Inkjetyays.

- If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates. --------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques